December 11, 2010

A Loc Delayed Is Not a Loc Denied,....

(I am Installed, Loc'in & Luv'in it!)
     First off I should point out that  I'm starting this blog about a year into my journey with SisterLocks.  Secondly, it has took me 3 years to start my lock journey.  I did a lot of researching, had 2 consultations, and then of course a lot of researching.     

     I have fine and what some would call thinly populated hair all throughout the crown of my head.  Though my first consultation was "very discouraging” it’s fair to say I did not give up "completely" I used the time during this “setback” to decide whether I wanted to even "try" this or not. 

My Stats: 
  • SisterLock Install date:            02/07/2010
  • Install time:                              18 hours
  • Loc size:                                 small & medium
  • Starting length:                        about 3" of new-growth with at least 6" of relaxed hair
  • Pattern:                                  4 point
  • Number of locs *to start:         436   (I've since increased the count to 470)
  • Sisterlocks Consultant:            Rita. faithfulness70@yahoo.com
     Regarding my consultations, understand that I have n-e-v-e-r had short hair, and my 1st consultant offered up some great suggestions regarding the thinness of my hair at the crown.  HOWEVER, he also suggested that I cut my hair down to 3” (new-growth only) and then comeback for a very expensive install.   < IT DIDN’T HAPPEN>. 
     I waited 3 year transitioning from perming my hair every 4 weeks to “under-processing my hair, to braids & twists; all the while massaging, and trying to coax life back into my underperforming follicles.  <NO LUCK!> 

 I tried the two-stranded twists for about 3 weeks; when this didn’t work I decided once again to find a consultant who would lock my hair as it was.  < IT HAPPENED, .........."Thank you" Rita!>. 
      
The above picture shows the "combover" style that I felt most comfortable with due to my "scalpyness".
Stay tuned, there's more to come later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment